Awards, Honours & Collaborations
Awards given by YCMOU:
In order to encourage the budding talent in different forms of literature at the State level as well as with a view to giving recognition to the distinguished social contributions of certain individuals, the university has instituted the following awards that are given annually
Vishakha Kavya Puraskar :
The award named after the poetic composition of the noted poet laureate and winner of the prestigious Dnyanpeeth Award, Shri V.V. Shirwadkar (popularly known as ‘Tatyasaheb’) is given every year to the best three maiden poetic compositions.
Baburao Bagul Gaurav Puraskar :
In recognition of the noted contributions of Shri Baburao Bagul to the field of Marathi literature, an award has been instituted in his name and is given annually to the maiden story writing productions of a budding short-story writer.
Rukmini Puraskar :
This award is given to any woman who has made outstanding contributions in a given field, particularly in the area of Social Work.
Shramseva Puraskar :
This award is given to a woman who has provided noteworthy services to uplift the downtrodden and neglected class of women in an given area.
Dnyandeep Puraskar :
This award is given to a person who has made innovative and outstanding contributions in the field of Distance Education.
Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Smruti Puraskar :
The award has been instituted by the university from the contributions of Shivaji Shikshan Sanstha, Amravati in order to honour the person or institute that has contributed innovatively to conventional education.
Awards & Recognition received by University:
- Best Film Award in the UGC-CEC National Video Competition for the film on Insect Anatomy and Morphology. (1994)
- ‘Quality of Life’ Award from the Association of Commonwealth Universities for curricular development in the area of upliftment of women living in impoverished settings. (2001)
- ‘Award of Excellence for Institutional Achievement in Distance Learning’ from the Commonwealth of Learning, Canada. (2002)
- ‘Award of Excellence in Distance Learning Experience’ from the Commonwealth of Learning, Canada to a student who after obtaining a degree through the distance learning mode has made an impact on his/her social milieu. (2004)
- Listing among the ‘Mega Open Universities in the World’. (2005)
- Award for a Film on Environment in the International Film Festival, Finland. (2006)
AVC - Awards
- BEST film award at UGCs national educational film competition 1994, produced and directed by Prashant Kulkarni.
- The film ‘A short story about Water ‘ received international award at Vaasa International film festival – Finland. Producer, director Mr Jagdish Kulkarni received this award at a grand event in the Scandinavian region. The film also received award at Vatavarn Film festival (New Delhi )
- The films ‘Discover of God’ (subject – Types of Pollution), written by Mr. Prafulla Chikerur and produced by Mr. Jagdish Kulkarni received award at Florida (USA, 2006)
- Film “Vasundhara Mitra” Produced and Directed by Mr Jagdish Kulkarni received this award on behalf of AVC team.
- The university has developed collaborative ties with the following
- Commonwealth of Learning, Canada.
- Commonwealth Secretariat, London.
- Brock University, Canada.
- Athabasca University, Canada.
- Wawasan Open University, Malaysia.
- The Chartered Management Institute of London, UK
- International food Policy Research Institute for the Global Open Food and Agriculture University, USA
Click on the following links for detail information.